Sunday, May 19, 2013

MMM Week 3



Wow, I can't believe I've already made it through week three of Me-Made-May! This week I found myself starting to repeat some pieces, but that's ok - it wasn't part of my pledge to have no-repeats (too hard!).

On Monday, I pulled out my Blue Ginger skirt, which I'm finding pairs very well with a lot of tops in my closet. I wonder why I don't wear this more often?

Tuesday, I wore my refashioned, polka-dotted, gold silk blouse.  I really only seem to have 1 way I like to wear this piece - with a black cardigan, black beaded necklace, and jeans - but hey! It works.

Wednesday, I threw on another refashioned thrifted piece, that I completed a couple of years ago and have not blogged about. It's a 1980s Hawaiian print dress that was too big, so I added some back darts to the bodice and very sloppily adjusted the shoulder & arm hole seams (hence the cardigan). Even though it's not a pretty job, it's still a go-to piece in my summer/spring wardrobe because it's casual & comfortable (sounds so boring, but those things are important).

Thursday, wow, another refashioned piece from the thrift store. This dress is some cheap, juniors department brand, but I liked the piping (and tiny white polka dots that you can't quite see) and the buttons. It had these horribly uncomfortable scrunchy puff sleeves with elastic cutting into my upper arm, so I chopped off the sleeves and, voila! Unfortunately, after wearing it to work all day, I was literally ready to throw the thing in the trash because it's so uncomfortable, due to the poor construction & cut of the dress. It went straight in the donate pile when I got home. Oh well - you win some, you lose some.

Friday, I repeated my sunny gingham blouse with some shorts from h&m c. 2011. A bit more put-together than my previous running errands etc. outfits this month.

Saturday, we celebrated my dad's 70th birthday! (yes, 70th!!! I have a sister who's 8 years older than me, so it's not so crazy). I wore the same floral laurel I'd worn the weekend prior & loved it. Such a fun dress to wear.

Sunday, I was back to my old tricks with my double-knit collared top. Definitely a rainy day (and any other excuse to feel "cozy") favorite.




All in all, a pretty good week 3 for May. It was great to see my sister (she flew in from San Francisco), and we had an awesome time giggling our heads off while wine tasting at some Virginia wineries to celebrate Dad's big day. How has week 3 shaped up for you all?

2 comments:

  1. great outfits! Especially like your Laurel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely roundup! I def have repeats, as well. I'm thinking that if I can make it through a month without repeats, then it would be time to start purging the closets... Which I anyway did not so long ago, hence my limited wardrobe. Anyway, the point is that it's me-made and we're wearing it! =) Love the blue ginger skirt - a timeless classic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment!